A steam sawmill built on this site in 1855 by Bigelow Case and Edwin Youmans was the first substantial industry on Honey Creek, which later became part of West Allis.
Lumber from the mill was used for the Mukwonago plank road and many other pioneer needs. The mill was discontinued in 1885 due to the lack of suitable timber.
Three times each week a stage served the Honey Creek community consisting of a blacksmith shop, schoolhouse, homesteads, sawmill and post office.
Among the early settlers were: Cornwall, Douville, Smith, Strong, Sheldon, Marsh, and Marlott.