Templo de Nuestra Senora del Pilar

Templo de Nuestra Senora del Pilar (HM1ITG)

Location: Junín, Buenos Aires Junín Partido
Country: Argentina

S 34° 35.342', W 60° 56.967'

  • 0 likes
  • 0 check ins
  • 0 favorites
  • 936 views
Inscription
Este historico templo de Ntra Sra del Pilar erigido por D. Juan de Narbona en terreno donado por el Capitan Valdez y Inclan fue comenzado en 1716 por los arquitectos religiosos jesuitas Bianchi y Primofi e inaugurado el 12 de Octubre de 1732 siendo Gobernador de estas Provincias el Mariscal D. Bruno M. de Zavala. Consagrado el 30 de Mayo de 1734 y agregado a S. Juan de Letran de Roma en 1783.
D. Fernando de Prieto y Pulido hizo donaction a la Iglesia del terreno que sirve de plaza.

En 1806 el General S. Liniers velo durante una noche implorando la proteccion divina para libertar a esta Ciudad de las tropas britanicas. Lo regentearon los Padres Recoletas hasta 1822. El 12 de Marzo de 1830 fue erigido en temple parroquial.
En 1934 quedo restaurado en su estilo primitive. El 14 de Octubre de 1934 partio de esta Iglesia la solemne procession del XXXII Congreso Eucaristico Internacional presidido por el Cardenal Eugenio Pacelli Secretario de S. Santidad. Fue elevada a la dignidad de Basifica por SS. Pio XI el 12 de Marzo de 1936.


English translation:
This historic temple of Our Lady of the Pillar, erected by Don Juan de Narbonne on land donated by Captain Valdez y Inclan, was started in 1716 by Jesuit religious architects Primofi and Bianchi, and inaugurated on October 12, 1732, by the governor of these provinces, Mariscal D. Bruno M. de Zavala. It was consecrated on 30 May 1734 and added to S. John Lateran in Rome in 1783.
Don Fernando Prieto y Pulido made the donation to the Church of the land that serves the plaza.
In 1806, General S. Liniers veiled during the night, implored divine protection to free this city of British troops. The Recoleta Fathers operated the temple until 1822. On March 12, 1830, the temple was erected as a parish temple.
In 1934, the temple was restored to its primitive style. On October 14, 1934, the solemn procession of the XXXII International Eucharistic Congress presided over by Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli, Secretary of His Holiness, departed from this church. The temple was elevated to the dignified status of a basilica by SS. Pio XI on March 12, 1936.
Details
HM NumberHM1ITG
Tags
Marker ConditionNo reports yet
Date Added Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 at 1:01pm PST -08:00
Pictures
Sorry, but we don't have a picture of this historical marker yet. If you have a picture, please share it with us. It's simple to do. 1) Become a member. 2) Adopt this historical marker listing. 3) Upload the picture.
Locationbig map
UTM (WGS84 Datum)20H E 688061 N 6170619
Decimal Degrees-34.58903333, -60.94945000
Degrees and Decimal MinutesS 34° 35.342', W 60° 56.967'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds34° 35' 20.52" S, 60° 56' 58.02" W
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Closest Postal AddressAt or near 2-50 Bolívar, Junín Buenos Aires , AR
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Nearby Markersshow on map
Check Ins  check in   |    all

Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. Is this marker part of a series?
  2. What historical period does the marker represent?
  3. What historical place does the marker represent?
  4. What type of marker is it?
  5. What class is the marker?
  6. What style is the marker?
  7. Does the marker have a number?
  8. What year was the marker erected?
  9. Who or what organization placed the marker?
  10. This marker needs at least one picture.
  11. Can this marker be seen from the road?
  12. Is the marker in the median?