This log cabin was built east of the Lowell Cemetery in the late 1870's. R.A. Hibbard built it as a home for his brother-in-law's family. Kent Lynch purchased the property and donated the cabin to the historical society in memory of Marsha Moncrief Lynch. In 1987, the cabin was taken down and rebuilt on this site. New shingles were hand-hewn from trees on the original cabin site. The cabin is furnished and may be seen upon request at the Heritage Center.
|Placed By||Baxter Springs Heritage Center & Museum|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, January 10th, 2015 at 9:02pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 345870 N 4099376|
|Decimal Degrees||37.02795000, -94.73281667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 37° 1.677', W 94° 43.969'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||37° 1' 40.62" N, 94° 43' 58.14" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 700-798 East Ave, Baxter Springs KS 66713, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.