Organized in 1881 with nine charter members, this church first served pioneer settlers of the Admiral community. Services were conducted in a family log cabin, under brush arbors, or in local schoolhouses until members built a sanctuary here near the turn of the century. Known early as Shiloh Baptist, the congregation adopted the community name in 1905. The church disbanded in 1968, but the building and nearby cemetery remain as reminders of Admiral, a settlement that once included stores, doctors, a gin, school, and post office.Texas Sesquicentennial 1936-1936
The historic Admiral Baptist Church building located east of the cemetery was destroyed in a fire set by vandals in 1993.