Built circa 1820, the Benson-Hammond House is the headquarters of the Ann Arundell County Historical Society and is open to the public.
Annapolis and Baltimore Short Line
Organized in 1880, the Annapolis and Baltimore Short Line ran its first steam-powered passenger train in 1887. It was purchased by the Washington, Baltimore and Annapolis Electric Railroad in 1921. The Linthicum Depot was built in 1907 and restored in 1985.
Named after Abner Linthicum, Sr. (1763-1848), planter, Maryland legislator and captain of the Anne Arundel County Militia, War of 1812. A descendant, Congressman John Charles Linthicum, born here in 1867, introduced and sponsored the bill congress passed in 1931 which declared the Star Spangled Banner the National Anthem.
Holly Run Church
Built in 1828, Holly Run Church, an early Methodist Protestant Church in America, was restored in 1966.