Original Built: 1883
By: H.P. Jones
Replica Built: 2004
By: Herberger Construction Company
Type: Covered Timber Town Lattice Truss
Overlaid by a Queenpost Frame
Size: 130 feet (66 ft truss with an 42.5 ft approach to the south
and a 21.5 ft approach to the north) x 13.7 feet wide
Cedar Bridge (formally known as the Casper Bridge) was one of the last covered bridges built in the county, reportedly undertaken by Jones after he completed the Roseman Bridge so that he could resolve some framing difficulties. Originally built over North River, it carried traffic until 1920, when it was moved to its present site over Cedar Creek. Here it functioned in place until it too was bypassed in 1964 by another bridge. The Cedar Bridge cost just $2,965 to build and was the only covered bridge still open to traffic.
Unfortunately, on September 3, 2202, the original Cedar Covered Bridge was destroyed by arson. In 2004, an exact replica was built to replace the Cedar Covered Bridge at a cost of $772,824. the new bridge was opened to traffic on August 23, 2004.