— City Hall and Visitors Center —Standing prominently on the corner of Main Street and Park Avenue, Medina's landmark sandstone City Hall welcomes all who enter the village's Historic Downtown District. Over one hundred years later, Medina remains a village, but "City Hall" endures as an inspiration to Medina's resurgent synergy and a reminder of its important contribution to the archetectural heritage of the world. Built in 1908, Medina was surging ahead as a manufacturing community. Local officials sought to erect a new and proud building that would reflect Medina's rising position among Western New York's municipalities. The city fathers wisely selected architect J. B. McCreary of the noted Buffalo acrhitectural firm of McCreary, Wood, and and Bradney. The structure is built of handsome brown Medina Sandstone. The style is Richardson-Romanesque- the only ediface of this style in the Historic District. the building currently houses the Medina Visitors Center.
|Placed By||Medina Business Association|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Monday, September 1st, 2014 at 12:33pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17T E 712223 N 4788436|
|Decimal Degrees||43.21888333, -78.38706667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 13.133', W 78° 23.224'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 13' 7.98" N, 78° 23' 13.44" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||585, 716|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 556-648 State Hwy 31, Medina NY 14103, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.