???? The first church edifice, originally named "Grace Church", was erected on this site in 1878. This building was a brick veneer interpretation of the plan for a board and batten church found in Richard Upjohn's pattern book Rural Architecture (1852). Upjohn, founding member of The American Institute of Architects and designer of Wall Street's famous Trinity Church, was the brother-in-law of the first Episcopal Bishop of Fond du Lac, John Henry Hobart Brown.
???? Having burned to the ground in 1884, it was not until 1891 that sufficient funds were available to rebuild the church. The present building, reconsecrated as "St. Agnes-by-the-Lake", was built on the salvaged foundation and confirms exactly to the original plan.