Redland Farm Life School was originally constructed in 1916 by the Dade County School Board on land donated by William Anderson. Dr. Hyram Byrd was the impetus for consolidating the one room schools in Goulds, Eureka, Modello, Princeton, Murray Hill, Silver Palm, and Redland into this one modern educational facility. For the first time, area children were transported to school by bus. The original L-shaped building contained classrooms for grades one through twelve, indoor bathrooms, electric lighting, and cloak rooms. The auditorium, also built in 1916, seated 300 people and was the pride of the school.