Utah Historic SiteThis house was constructed in three sections by Thomas Frazer, the local stonemason, as his own home. The middle section (1870) and the east section (1872) are built of black basalt. The west section (c. 1890) is constructed of pink tuf. Thomas Frazer, born in 1821, was a native of Scotland who came to Utah as a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He arrived in Beaver in 1868 with his family, where he and his apprentices built many of the stone structures which are found in the community.
|Placed By||Division of State History|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 20th, 2014 at 7:01am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||12S E 356001 N 4238393|
|Decimal Degrees||38.28206667, -112.64640000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 16.924', W 112° 38.784'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 16' 55.44" N, 112° 38' 47.04" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 544-598 N 300 W St, Beaver UT 84713, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.