Built here was the Driftwood Church, a log meeting house "free and open to all the different denominations of orderly Christians." Joining the Silver Creek Baptist Association in 1819, Driftwood reorganized in 1839 as a Christian Church under the leadership of Jacob Wright. Relocating across the highway in 1843, the church hosted a number of annual District meetings, attended by thousands. Subsequent buildings were erected in 1907 and 1997. William Graham, a signer of the Indiana State Constitution, State Legislator, and U.S. Congressman, donated the original half acre for the pioneer church. He served as a church trustee; he and his family are buried here.