1898 Station built by Chesapeake & Ohio Railway for $366.59, based on C&O "Standard Station No. 2" design.
1929 C&O Railway made the Station a non-agency station (without an agent) and discontinued its telegraph office.
Passengers and freight were still allowed, and the building was to be "kept in good and sanitary condition."
1936 State Corporation Commission granted C&O Railway petition to abandon and dismantle the Station.
1937 Station bought by Wood L. Morcom, Sr., and moved across Galt's Mill Road into a field on his property. The Station was used to store corn, grain, and hay for almost 50 years.
1984 Station purchased from Beulah B. Morcom Hudnall by C. Tad and Virginia Earley Holt.
January 1999 Station given to Southern Memorial Association by Virginia Earley Holt to be reconstructed in Old City Cemetery as "a permanent reminder of the importance the railroad industry played in the development of this area."
March 1999 Station dismantled by Jon Cesafsky, Lone Jack Contracting, and put into storage.
May 2000 Jon Cesafsky began reconstructing the Station at this site, using documentation provided by the Chesapeake & Ohio Historical Society.
April 2001 Reconstruction completed.
Special thanks to Thomas W. Dixon, Jr., and Christopher W. Wiley for researching the early history of Stapleton Station at the C&O Historical Society Archives in Clifton Forge, Virginia.