Organized in 1883 at the Willow Springs School, this congregation was known as Big Valley Baptist Church during the early years of its existence. A Sunday School, Willow Springs Union Sabbath School, was begun in 1886. E.C. Bramblett served as the first pastor. He was replaced by the Rev. John Turner, who was succeeded after one year by the Rev. R.G.M. Eiland. During Eiland's pastorate, toward the latter part of the nineteenth century, the congregation and Sunday School united with a nearby fellowship to become the Cemetery Hill Church and Union Sabbath School.
In the early 1900s, during the pastorate of the Rev. D.B. Allen, the congregation relocated to the new town of Hebron and adopted the name Hebron Baptist Church. Their first sanctuary was completed in 1920.
Over the years the fellowship has been active in missionary work and has produced several ministers from its membership. Now known as First Baptist Church, Hebron, the historic congregation has contributed much to the heritage of the area and has provided significant service and leadership to the residents of this part of Denton County. (1984)