Originally constructed for the American Marconi Company, the powerhouse, a 2900 square foot concrete structure, housed the stations transformer, boiler, batteries and workshop. The Marshall Station, in conjunction with the Bolinas Station, made instant global communications possible for the first time.
The Marconi property was purchased in 1981 by the San Francisco Foundation with funds from the Buck Trust. The California State Parks Foundation completed the initial development of the property with additional Buck Trust funds. The site was given to the California State Department of Parks and Recreation in 1989.
The People of California are deeply grateful for this generous contribution to the State Parks system which allows the tradition of communication to continue at this historic rural sanctuary.
Built: 1913 - Architect, J.G. White
Restored: 1992 - Architect, Maria Baranowski