In 1866-7, U. S. Army made road to Price and Bridge across Duchesne River. At this point Henderson's Indian Trading Post, Caldwell's Stage Station and a blacksmith shop were erected. 1905, Army surveyed townsite named for H. P. Myton, Supt. Indian Affairs. It became a booming frontier gateway including hotels, bank, flower mill, and newspaper, "The Uintah Chiefton". Homesteaders started churches, school, theater and sports. First town board Pres., Hayden Calvert. Wm. Zowe, Post Master.