Welcome! to the Chinworth Bridge Trailhead - Lake City Greenway - Former Tippecanoe Rest Park
The history of this area is tied very closely to transportation with the Chinworth Bridge (1897) and U.S. Highway 30 (1926). This scenic 2.5 acre site was purchased for $250.00 from Robert L. And Lillie F. Chinworth by the State of Indiana in 1939 for a rest park adjacent to U.S. 30, part of the National Lincoln Highway. The Tippecanoe Rest Park provided weary motorists with a picnic area, two privies and a flowing well. When new U.S. 30 was completed in 1975, the State of Indiana sold the park to the Kosciusko County Historical Society for $600.00 who now own this site and leases the Chinworth Bridge. Upon restoration of the Chinworth Bridge and completion of the western segment of the Lake City Greenway, dedicated in 2007, this site serves the public with picnic, bike, hike, and canoe launch opportunities.