Froman's Road and StationGiven by McGee Families & Cox's Station DAR.
One mile to the northwest, Paul Froman, grandson of pioneer Joist Hite, cut his wagon road in 1781 from the Salt River stations near Bullitt's Lick to his new station (1782) on the east side of Froman's Creek. First improved road south of Towne branch of Salt. New fort sped settlement of central Nelson County.
McGee's Stone Castle
Paul Froman's in-laws, Thomas, John, and Patrick McGee, jointly acquired the 1000-acre Froman claim. Patrick McGee, mason, hunter, land-locator, salt-maker, ferry and tavern operator, built Stone Castle beside Froman's Station before 1790. One of first stone houses built after settlement of central Kentucky.