1888 - 1903The Foothill Station became the first University of California qualifying outlying station funded jointly by federal, state and local county sources in March 1888. The station was developed under the patronage of Senator A. Caminetti of Jackson. Over $5,000 was contributed by Amador County residents to clear the land, built irrigation systems, road, and buildings.
|Series||This marker is part of the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series|
|Placed By||Kenneth R. Farrell, Vice President Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of California, Excelsior Parlor No.31 and Grand President Frank J. Companu, Native Sons of the Golden West|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 28th, 2014 at 3:14pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 693328 N 4248600|
|Decimal Degrees||38.36471667, -120.78713333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 21.883', W 120° 47.228'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 21' 52.98" N, 120° 47' 13.68" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||209, 916|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 10727-10787 John C. Begovich Memorial Hwy, Jackson CA 95642, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.