1977This corner was originally that part of San Francisco once called Yerba Buena Cove whose shoreline was about one block further west at Montgomery Street. Landfill occurred in the 1850s and the first known structure was the Friedlander's building built in 1869 and subsequently destroyed in the great fire and earthquake of 1906. The marble frame and walrus heads, carved from Sierra granite, are from the Alaska Commercial Building which was completed in 1908 and occupied the site until 1975.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 5:07pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 552770 N 4183048|
|Decimal Degrees||37.79328333, -122.40063333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 37° 47.597', W 122° 24.038'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||37° 47' 35.82" N, 122° 24' 2.28" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||415, 925, 510, 831, 650,|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 300 California St, San Francisco CA 94104, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.