In 1827, William Heathcote built this building for use as a woolen mill. In 1851, the building was sold to Phillip Sheffer and Charles Olp. Sheffer bought out Olp and in 1852, converted the mill into a grist mill.In March 1885, Israel Glatfelter bought the mill from The G.F.Seitz estate and made many improvements which increased the mill's capacity. Glatfelter sold the mill in 1918 to B. Frank and Thaddeus Owings, who along with flour, began to manufacture June Bug Feed.
In 1983, after 131 years of service, the mill ceased operating and in 1984 the building was converted into a restaurant. In December 1893, Israel Glatfelter added the front building to his mill and moved his clothing store in. This was the first building in town to have large glass display windows.