Organized 1846 by Pastor Wm. H. Mitchell, this congregation succeeded Millenium Hope Presbyterian, 2 mi. E. of town. Pastor Jas. K. Hazen (1861-77) married Mary Ticknor, niece of town founder, Daniel Pratt. They led in establishing orphanage, now Presbyterian Home for Children, Talladega. In 1867-68 Poet Sidney Lanier, principal of Prattville Male and Female Academy, was church organist. Original Greek Revival church on Bridge St. was relocated and now houses First Missionary Baptist. The 1895 Victorian church on this site burned Jan. 1941. First worrhip services in the present modified Gothic building were held in Oct. of that year.TO THE GLORY OF THE TRIUNE GOD
A founding congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America, 1973.