— r —The first chapter of ECV in Weaverville began in 1855. After a rocky start in the Sierra Nevada Gold County, the organization got a foothold in Mokelumne Hill, in 1851. The first Noble Grand Humbug for the Weaverville Chapter was John C. Burch, a local attorney who later became a state congressman. The chapter flourished for several years but as miners moved along to other diggin's, so did the interest in ECV. It was never determined when the chapter disbanded. Other chapters in the area included Shasta and Yreka during the same period. In 1931, Yerba Buena Chapter #1 of San Francisco, was begun as the first chapter in the revival of the organization. On July 7, 1962, the Trinitarianus Chapter #62 was born again. The chapter celebrated its 50th anniversary in the year 2012. Chapter #62's first Grand Noble Humbug was the late E. Rex Riley. He served for two years through the chartering ceremonies, in 1963. It is estimated now that more an 120,000 members exist across the eight western states. Chapter #62 has sponsored the Humbug Chapter #73, Eureka Chapter #101, and Lassen-Loomis Chapter #1914, from its original 6 counties.
|Series||This marker is part of the E Clampus Vitus series|
|Placed By||E Clampus Vitus, Trinitarianus Chapter 62|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Monday, September 8th, 2014 at 1:02am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10T E 505039 N 4509075|
|Decimal Degrees||40.73260000, -122.94031667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 43.956', W 122° 56.419'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 43' 57.36" N, 122° 56' 25.14" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 601 Main St, Weaverville CA 96093, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.