The Meamber School District was formed in May, 1870. Land for the schoolhouse and grounds was donated by what was then the Goodale Ranch. Dedicated August 17, 1980
For the next 87 years, children of the area were educated in the Meamber schoolhouse from first through eight grades.
In June 1957, the Meamber School District was absorbed by the Fort Jones School District, and the property reverted to private ownership.
In 1979, the schoolhouse exterior was restored, and the interior was remodeled, for use as a private residence.
Humbug Chapter No. 73
E Clampus Vitus