Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield ParkThis hewn log house, built about 1836 by a pioneer settler, Peter Valentine Kolb, is the only surviving structure of about a dozen farms, mills and churches existing within the park at the time of the Civil War. The house sustained light damage during the battle of Kolb's Farm, June 22, 1864. It was possibly the headquarters of Union Maj. Gen. Joseph Hooker. Altered considerably following the war, the Kolb House was restored to its historic appearance in 1964. It is a government quarters and is not open to the public.
|Placed By||National Park Service|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 11:14pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 722169 N 3754808|
|Decimal Degrees||33.91028333, -84.59700000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 33° 54.617', W 84° 35.82'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||33° 54' 37.02" N, 84° 35' 49.20" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||678, 404, 770|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1734-1744 Callaway Rd SW, Marietta GA 30064, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.