Central City TrailThe current Chandler School is located on the site of the former Madison Street School, one of Goshen's first schools, opened in 1849. Miss Emma Chandler was the first principal from 1871 to 1898. In 1874, a four room addition was completed, but the school burned to the ground the next year. A new high school was rebuilt on the site in 1875 for $20,000. The new Chandler School was constructed in 1948 and a new addition and renovation was completed in 1992.
|Placed By||Goshen Parks & Recreation Department|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 11:44pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 597682 N 4603790|
|Decimal Degrees||41.57983333, -85.82820000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 34.79', W 85° 49.692'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 34' 47.40" N, 85° 49' 41.52" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 501-599 S 8th St, Goshen IN 46526, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.