Winona Railway TrailThe history of Waterford School dates back to a log cabin one mile west of town in about 1830. The first school built in town was a frame building erected on the southwest corner of Egbert Road and South Main Street in 1836. A new one-story brick school was built across the street, on its present site in 1858. A larger, two-story brick structure replaced that building in 1871. In 1900, an addition was made to enlarge the school to four rooms, offering first through eight grades and some high school classes.
|Placed By||Goshen Parks & Recreation Department|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 1:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 597933 N 4599844|
|Decimal Degrees||41.54426667, -85.82583333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 32.656', W 85° 49.55'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 32' 39.36" N, 85° 49' 33.00" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 3418 Winona Railway Trail, Goshen IN 46526, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.