Founded 1836Built, 1856, dedicated 1857, combining exterior Gothic style with Greek Revival interior. Original part designed as a rectangular block. Wings were added on eastern and western sides in the middle 1900's. At that time a choir rail replaced original balustraded corner section. The balcony and chandeliers are outstanding. The church has served its members continuously and has been used for civic and patriotic assemblies significant in Wetumpka's history. In 1861 it served as a departure point for the Wetumpka Light Guard upon enlistment in the Confederate Army.
|Placed By||Alabama Historical Association|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 20th, 2014 at 10:18am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 574291 N 3600493|
|Decimal Degrees||32.53931667, -86.20881667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 32° 32.359', W 86° 12.529'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||32° 32' 21.54" N, 86° 12' 31.74" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 101-133 W Bridge St, Wetumpka AL 36092, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.