Springfield Armory National Historic SiteConstructed in 1833, this building was located just north of the present Main Arsenal as shown in the picture. The nearby identical Paymaster's House was located on the south side of the Main Arsenal. Around 1880, both of these residences were relocated, and the Paymaster's House (Building 17) was later demolished. During the remaining 90 years of Armory operation, the Master Armorer's house served as a variety of functions, most notably as an infirmary.
|Placed By||National Park Service|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 12:58pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 699880 N 4664540|
|Decimal Degrees||42.10750000, -72.58250000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 42° 6.45', W 72° 34.95'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||42° 6' 27.00" N, 72° 34' 57.00" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 51-199 Byers St, Springfield MA 01105, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.