Eisenhower National Historic Site
— National Park Service —Originally the barn's milk house, this building was established as an office for President Eisenhower's Secret Service detail in 1955. During the presidential years, one of the 8 - 10 agents who worked each shift would be stationed in the office to monitor the alarm control panel and radio communications equipment. The back room served as a firearms and ammunitions cache and was used by White House communication specialists who manned a plug-in switchboard, teletype machine, and microwave radio. Secured within a safe in the back room was the satchel containing nuclear codes that always accompanied the President.
|Placed By||National Park Service|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 11:56pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 306228 N 4407356|
|Decimal Degrees||39.79411667, -77.26316667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 47.647', W 77° 15.79'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 47' 38.82" N, 77° 15' 47.40" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 243 Eisenhower Farm Rd, Gettysburg PA 17325, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.