Bonnieux

Bonnieux (HM163Y)

Location: Bonnieux, Provence-Alpes-Côte 84480 Vaucluse
Country: France
Buy France flags at Flagstore.com!

N 43° 49.403', E 5° 18.511'

  • 0 likes
  • 0 check ins
  • 0 favorites
  • 1269 views
Inscription
Le nom gallo-romain est Bitrona. On trouve ensuite Castrum Bonilis (Xeme S.) Bonils (XIIeme S.) de Bonilis (XIVeme S.).La forme proven?ale est BonieuxLa pr?histoire est ici prente en de nombreux lieux (habitants n?olithiques, notamment sur les franges du plateau de Claparedes). L'agglom?ration gallo-romaine se situait aux abords de la plaine (villas romaines, d?termin?es en plusieurs lieux): la partie sur?lev?e ayant ?t? oppidum celto-ligure; c'est autour de cette zone mieux prot?g?e que s'?difie la ville du Moyen-Age. Au XIIIeme si?cle, le ch?teau (Castellum, aujourd'hui Castellas), propri?t? de la puissante famille d'Agoult prot?ge une communaut? que les menaces permanentes venues de la plaine engagent ? s'entourer de puissanrtes murailles en tours (Castrum). De la fin du XIIIeme si?cle ? la R?volution (1789) la ville appartient au domaine pontifical (Comtat Venaissin) ce qui lui donne du fait de cette position particuli?re d'enclave, une place ? part dans l'histoire de notre r?gion.A Voir Ou A VisiterL'eglise Haute, ? laquelle an peut acc?der par un escalier de 86 marches. De l'Eglise romane originelle (XIIeme S.) subsistent duex trav?es sur lesquelles vient s'appuyer une construction du XVem si?cle assez ?l?gante. Al'int?rieur beau r?table en bois dor? du XVeme si?cle.L'eglise Neuve, (1879) renferme quatre primitifs du XVIeme si?cle provenant de l'Eglise haute en reprentant des sc?nes de la Passion.A l'interieur du village:Vesitiges des tours et remparts du XIIIeme siecle.Hotel de Rouville (Mairie, XVIIIeme S.).Vieilles rues et demeures nobles, ancien hpital (XVIIIeme S.).Dans la plaine, en junction avec la R.N. 100 Le Pont julien, (an III avant J.C.) belle construction tourjours utilis?e, ? trois arches ancien franchissement de la Voie Domitoemme qui doit son nom ? la proximit? de la Colonia Apta-Julia.Le Prieure de Saint-SymphorienLa Tour Philippe, construction d'un original ? la fin du XIXeme si?cle.La For?t de Cedres, sentier de d?couverte de la nature ?tabli par les soins du Parc Naturel de Lub?ron.

(Translated by Google Translate with modifications:)
Bonnieux
The Gallo-Roman name was Bitrona. Then it was Bonilis Castrum (Xth century) Bonils (XIIth century) of Bonilis (S. XIV).

The Provencal form is BonieuxPrehistory is present here in many places (Neolithic settlers, especially on the fringes of the plateau Claparedes). The Gallo-Roman town stood on the edge of the plain (Roman villas were located in several places): the raised part was oppidum Celto-Liguria; it is around this area better protected than the town is built in the Middle Ages. In the XIII century, the castle (Castellum today Castellas), owned by the powerful family from Agout, in order to protect the community from continuing threats coming from the plain, undertook to surround himself with powerful walls and towers (Castrum). From the end of the XIII century to the Revolution (1789) the city belongs to the papal domain (Papal) which gives a result of this particular position enclave, a place in the history of our region.

To See or to Visit
The High Church, which can be accessed by a stairs of 86 steps. The original Romanesque church (XIIth century) still spans two on which rests. The XVth century construction is rather elegant. Inside is beautiful gilded wooden altarpiece of the fifteenth century.

The new church (1879) contains four of the sixteenth century primitives from the High Church representing scenes from the Passion.

Inside the village:
Vestiges of towers and ramparts from the XIII century.Hotel de Rouville (eighteenth century City Hall) Old streets and stately homes, ancient Hospital (eighteenth century).
In the plain, in junction with the RN 100 Bridge Julian (year III BC) used tourjours beautiful building with three arches crossing the old road Domitoemme which owes its name to the nearby Colonia Julia-Apta.

The Prieure de Saint-Symphorien
Philippe Tower, originally constructioned in the late nineteenth century.
Cedar forest, nature trails established by the Natural Park of Luberon

Details
HM NumberHM163Y
Tags
Placed ByMairie de Bonnieux
Marker ConditionNo reports yet
Date Added Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 at 6:42pm PDT -07:00
Pictures
Sorry, but we don't have a picture of this historical marker yet. If you have a picture, please share it with us. It's simple to do. 1) Become a member. 2) Adopt this historical marker listing. 3) Upload the picture.
Locationbig map
UTM (WGS84 Datum)31T E 685633 N 4854846
Decimal Degrees43.82338333, 5.30851667
Degrees and Decimal MinutesN 43° 49.403', E 5° 18.511'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds43° 49' 24.18" N, 5° 18' 30.66" E
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Area Code(s)208
Closest Postal AddressAt or near 5 Rue de la Mairie, Bonnieux Provence-Alpes-Côte 84480, FR
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Nearby Markersshow on map
Check Ins  check in   |    all

Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. Is this marker part of a series?
  2. What historical period does the marker represent?
  3. What historical place does the marker represent?
  4. What type of marker is it?
  5. What class is the marker?
  6. What style is the marker?
  7. Does the marker have a number?
  8. What year was the marker erected?
  9. This marker needs at least one picture.
  10. Can this marker be seen from the road?
  11. Is the marker in the median?