1800-02 - A small French settlement, located in the western part of the Boone settlement along the Missouri River, south of the present town of Marthasville. It consisted of seven houses, and was known to be a convenient place for hunting and trading with the Indians.
1804 - The Lewis and Clark Expedition came to this small settlement on May 25. This was the Expedition's last white settlement as they journeyed on to the Pacific Ocean. People in the settlement gave them milk and eggs to eat.
1806-7 - In September 1806, Lewis and Clark stopped again at this small settlement on their way back from the West. A schoolhouse was built on the edge of La Charrette. Anthony C. Palmer was the teacher. He was paid $9 per student per year in trade for meat, cattle or country linen, and given a sufficient schoolhouse with firewood.
1813 - Rebecca Boone, age 74, wife of Daniel, died at the home of their daughter, Jemima Callaway, and was buried in the Bryan Cemetery near Marthasville.
The oldest village in Warren County, it succeeded the French village, La Charrette. Dr. John Young named this village for his first wife, Martha.
1817 - This village was part of Dr. John Young's farm and part of the William Ramsey Spanish Land Grant #1688.
1818 - A post office was established at Marthasville with Warren Swain as postmaster.
1826 - Dr. Young sold most of his property to Harvey Griswold.
1830's - German settlers began arriving on farms nearby.
1840 - Marthasville was the main landing place on the Missouri River for Warren County.
1855 - Griswald [sic] died. Augustus F. Grabs became Justice of the Peace and Postmaster.
1865 - Grabs died. In later years, Helen Rusche, great-granddaughter of Grabs, donated his house to the city of Marthasville.
1893 - The M. K. T. Railroad came to Marthasville. The depot is the oldest on the railroad.