This bell was especially cast for the Comanche Reformed Church when the church was completed in 1905. The bell was used during the ministries of Reverend L.L. Legters, first missionary, and his successors, Reverends H. Sluyter, J. Dykema, R.H. Harper, J.L. Read, and R.P. Chaat.
Reverend Robert Chaat of the Comanche Indian Tribe began his ministry of the Comanche Reformed Church in 1925, and devotedly served his people in this capacity throughout the year 1970. During his long tenure the bell rang out for services, funerals, weddings, and countless other joyous and sad occasions.
In keeping with its historical and sacred associations, this bell is here preserved through the efforts of the Church congregation and the Institute of the Great Plains.
Installed and dedicated, May 30, 1971