The Nevius Street Bridge is a 300-foot-long, two span, double-intersection, Pratt through-truss bridge. It is the oldest documented metal-truss bridge in the county, being constructed in 1886 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company of Canton, Ohio. The county hired two local masons, William W. Smith and Richard Farrier, to construct the stone abutments and central pier. Construction of the Nevius Street Bridge marked the first time that the Board of Chosen Freeholders hired a professional civil engineer, F.A. Dunham, to supervise the construction of a bridge. The bridge was listed on the New Jersey Register of Historic Places on September 11, 1992 and the National Register of Historic Places November 12, 1992. The bridge was rehabilitated by Somerset County and converted to a pedestrian bridge in 2006.