Prior to 1887 the community of Cross Roads existed two miles south of this location. The town of Frost was created when a post office was established in March of that year to serve settlements west of Corsicana along the St. Louis, Arkansas, and Texas Railroad. Businesses previously located at Cross Roads moved to the new town. Land for the townsite was donated by R. J. Sanders and the town was named in honor of Samuel R. Frost (1846-1908), Navarro County judge and state legislator. The city of Frost was incorporated on June 7, 1893. Churches of several denominations and schools were organized in the early years of Frost's existence. A Methodist church was established in 1887, and three years later the Frost Baptist Church was organized. The Frost Common School District was created in May 1890. Two banks opened in Frost in the early 1900s and a newspaper, the Frost Enterprise, was published weekly. Many of the town's structures were destroyed or damaged in a May 6, 1930 tornado. Since its beginning Frost has remained an agricultural community, and retains the charm and atmosphere of a rural Texas town.