Built by the Puget Mill Company in 1919, this grocery and supply store was located on the North Trunk Road in Alderwood Manor (now 196th Street SW in Lynnwood). The Main Store was a familiar landmark half-way between Seattle and Everett to passengers on the Interurban Rail Line which ran behind the store.
In 1920, the post office was established in the building with the store keeper as postmaster, and mail was delivered daily by the Interurban. In the mid-Twenties the store was sold to Guy and Hannah Parker and, in 1933, to Herman and Anita Wickers who sold it in 1965. The building remained on 196th
In 1997, the City of Lynnwood rescued the Tudor revival-style building from demolition during freeway construction. In 2001, it was moved a few blocks to Heritage Park, and renovation in 2003 restored the building's distinctive features. Funding for the renovation was made possible by a federal TEA-21 grant, local hotel/motel taxes and the City of Lynnwood.
The Wickers Building is listed on the Historical American Buildings Survey in the Library of Congress, and the Washington Heritage Register of Historic Places.