Frank Riley, Architect
— 1916-1918 —The Madison Club, Madison's premiere social club, was designed in the Georgian Revival style by master Madison architect Frank Riley. Artfully executed in red brick with concrete classical ornament including columns, friezes, portico and urns, the building is among Riley's finest non-residential designs. Teddy Roosevelt, who stayed at the Madison Club on May 28, 1918, informally dedicated the building by raising the Club's flag. Also significant for its association with prominent Madison businessmen and leaders. The Club is the city's oldest, continuously operating social club.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Series||This marker is part of the Wisconsin: Madison Landmarks Commission series|
|Placed By||The Madison Landmarks Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 12th, 2014 at 12:34pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 306147 N 4771628|
|Decimal Degrees||43.07260000, -89.38106667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 4.356', W 89° 22.864'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 4' 21.36" N, 89° 22' 51.84" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1-5 E Wilson St, Madison WI 53703, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|