In 1869, near this location, Mr. Benjamin F. Kellogg helped establish the pioneer farming community of Fairview. In 1870 Mr. Kellogg donated land for the first Fairview school, built at today's Ball Road and Euclid Avenue. By 1888 the school, one of Orange County's first elementary schools, was severely overcrowded. A new larger school was built at this current site in 1888 at a cost of almost $7000. First known as the New Fairview School, later West Anaheim School or West End School, it was finally known as Loara School by 1899.
This 350-lb. bell, cast in 1888, hung in the bell-tower of the school until the old school's demolition in 1936. Preserved here, this bell recognizes the early pioneers and the citizens who sacrificed to educate thier (sic) own children as well as the future generations of children that pass through this school.