This church, the oldest in the Broad River Association, was founded in 1770 and was first called Thicketty Branch Baptist Church. After meeting in a brush arbor and area houses, it built its first permanent church, a log building, about 1 mi. N. Another log church replaced it on that site shortly after the Revolution, and the congregation was renamed Goshen Baptist Church in 1794.
The church, renamed Goucher Creek Baptist Church by 1800, acquired this site in 1883. A frame sanctuary here was replaced by a larger frame church in 1902. The congregation was renamed Goucher Baptist Church by 1930. Services were once a month until 1917, then twice a month until Rev. C.C. Alsbrooks became its first full-time pastor in 1949. The present church was built in 1960.