In the mid-1920s, a camp known as the "Cool Coast Camp," located just north of Fulton, was promoted as a resort. It boasted tree-shaded cabins and tents, with a 500-foot wharf with an open-air pavilion over the water. In the 1930s, the Village of Fulton became a major tourist destination.
The construction of the Copano Bay Causeway and the "Hug the Coast Highway" in 1931 provided excellent automobile - and tourist - access to Fulton.
In 1934, the C.L. Harris family opened the first Fulton tourist court, the Fulton Family Cottages. Two years later, the Poch Family Cottages opened, soon followed by the Bay Shore Cottages, Oak Shore Cottages, Forest Park Cottages, and Palm Courts, all located within a 1/2 mile stretch along Fulton Beach Road.
After World War II, additional tourist courts and trailer parks were opened in Fulton. Although none of the original six tourist courts exists, Fulton continues to host thousands of tourists in its fine hotels, tourist courts and RV parks.