Second Battle of Manassas
— Day Three - August 30, 1862 - 3 p.m. —On the morning of August 30, 1862, Confederate Col. Stephen D. Lee deployed 18 guns from his artillery battalion along this commanding ridge. Additional cannon, under Maj. Lindsey M. Shumaker, unlimbered to his left. The artillery linked the two winds of the Confederate army. In total, as many as 36 guns occupied this ground overlooking the rolling fields of Lucinda Dogan's farm.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Manassas National Battlefield Park - National Park Service - Department of the Interior|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 26th, 2014 at 11:25am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 277459 N 4299220|
|Decimal Degrees||38.81366667, -77.56310000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 48.82', W 77° 33.786'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 48' 49.20" N, 77° 33' 47.16" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2220 Confederate Line Tour Route, Gainesville VA 20155, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|