Builders completed this house for Frank Stilley, a cotton broker from Louisiana, and his wife Minerva Fox Stilley shortly after they married in 1860. They owned the house until the early 1880s. By 1885, former slave Charlie Young purchased the home. A well-known barber, Young wore a Prince Albert suit as a uniform and provided customers with personalized shaving mugs, imprinted with gold letters spelling out their names. The house remained in his family until 1983. The Greek Revival structure features an integral, full-width porch, box columns, and symmetrical front elevation.