(Left Side): This monument marks the trail taken by the army of General Braddock, which left Alexandria April 9, 1755 to defend the western frontier against the French and Indians.
Erected by the Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of Virginia, May 27, 1915
(Right Side): The cannon here used was abandoned by General Braddock at old Alexandria 1755. The stones of the pedestal are from
1. The Blue Ridge. 2. The Shenandoah River.
3. Shawnee Springs. 4. Jost Hite's Fort.
5. Old Opequon Presbyterian Church yard.
6. Glen Burnie, home of Col. Jas. Wood.
7. Greenway Court, home of Lord Fairfax.
8. Grave of Gen'l Adam Stephen, Martinsburg.
9. Fort Loudoun, built by Gen'l Washington.
10. Old Lutheran Church in Mt. Hebron.