This building, dedicated in 1988 by William and Dara Laughlin, replaced a long-standing McLean landmark. In 1906, Matthew J. Laughlin, owner of a nearby dairy farm, purchased this lot. He built a residence/store here, which became a focal point of the community. Its location was across from the Great Falls and Old Dominion Railroad stop at Chain Bridge Road, known as McLean by 1910. Subsequent Laughlin generations conducted their real estate businesses here, eventually becoming Laughlin Realtors. Painted blue in the 1960s, the landmark "Blue House" was razed in 1987 and replaced by this award-winning financial office center.