Ozias Primitive Baptist Church was constituted July 14, 1832. Elders Wilson Conner and John Martial were the Presbytery. Members were John McDonald, Randall McDonald, Elijah Hunter, Penelope Hunter, Catherine McCall, Mary McDonald, Elizabeth McDonald. The Rev. Randall McDonald was pastor, and Redding Hunter was clerk.
On March 11, 1854, it was agreed to change the name to Bethlehem Church. The Rev. Hardy McGlawn and the Rev. W.F. Willis served as first pastors after Bethlehem Church was constituted.