Historical Marker Series

Daughters of the American Revolution

Showing results 1 to 10 of 1339
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM9_entrance-to-first-state-house-of-maryland_St-Marys-City-MD.html
In memory of Nicholas Young of St. Mary's Co. Maryland, elected to the House of Burgesses Nov 30, 1665. Boxwood dedicated June 13, 1932, and tablet placed through Maj. William Thomas Chapter, D.A.R. by Delia Harris Maddox, Ann Delia Power Yellman, decend…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM1M_george-rogers-clark_Fredericksburg-VA.html
In grateful acknowledgement of the valor and the strategic victories of General George Rogers Clark, Son of Old Virginia, the Paul Revere Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution of Muncie, Indiana, devote this tablet. No hero of the American …
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM3B_hagers-fancy_Hagerstown-MD.html
Third dwelling was built by Jonathan Hager, founder of Hagerstown Maryland, 1762; Captain of Scouts, French and Indian War, 1755-1763; member of the Non-Importation Association and of the Committees of Safety and of Observation, 1775; member of the General …
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM56_old-post-road-cokesbury-college_Abingdon-MD.html
Old Post Road Established 1666. The first Methodist college in the world established at Abingdon June 5, 1785 by Bishops Thomas Coke and Francis Asbury. Destroyed by fire December 4, 1796, located 175 yards east of this point.
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM5K_gov-william-paca_Edgewood-MD.html
Signer of the Declaration of Independence. Born October 31, 1740 on Chilberry Hall Farm 1? miles south of here. Died October 27, 1799.
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM60_old-post-road-spesutia-p-e-church_Aberdeen-MD.html
Old Post Road Established 1666. Founded in 1671. First church erected at Gravelly near Michaelsville. The three succeeding churches erected on the present location. One mile south of this point, colonial vestry house erected 1766.
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM67_old-post-road-count-rochambeaus-troops_Havre-De-Grace-MD.html
Old Post Road Established 1666. Count Rochambeau's troops camped here September 9, 1781 after having crossed the Susquehanna River on their way to the siege of Yorktown, Va.
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM8B_modern-irrigation_Salt-Lake-City-UT.html
Commemorating the beginning in America of Modern Irrigation in this vicinity on July 23 and 24, 1847, by the "Mormon" pioneers. —————————————"Encamped near the bank of a beautifu…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMAG_old-post-road-lower-susquehanna-ferry_Perryville-MD.html
Old Post Road established 1666. Lower Susquehanna Ferry established 1695. Rodgers' Tavern where George Washington frequently stopped between 1781-1798.
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMDU_madonna-of-the-trail_Upland-CA.html
(South Face)N.S.D.A.R. Memorialto thePioneer Mothersof theCovered Wagon Days. (East Face)This trail, trod by the Padres in Spanish Days,became, under Mexican rule, the road connectingLos Angeles, later the American Post Road. (North Face)The National …
PAGE 1 OF 134