Circa 1894Charles Hardy, one of the first settlers in Mesquite, used lumber he brought back from Mt. Trumbull and local adobe to build the original large central room of his home - the other rooms were added later. The room was used as a bedroom, living room, school and church. The first school classes and church meetings held in Mesquite after its permanent settlement in 1894 took place in the home that was built on this site.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||City of Mesquite|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 10:57pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||11S E 761792 N 4077286|
|Decimal Degrees||36.80525000, -114.06555000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 36° 48.315', W 114° 3.933'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||36° 48' 18.90" N, 114° 3' 55.98" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 100-198 E 1st N, Mesquite NV 89027, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|