With his mother and brothers, Andrew J. Palm (1839-1928) migrated to Texas from Sweden in 1853. They settled about three miles north of Round Rock at Palm Valley, where Palm built this residence about 1873. He purchased the land from Swedish immigration agent S. M. Swenson. Palm hauled cypress and pine from Austin to construct the house. Here he and his wife Carolina (Nelson) (1851-1929) raised their eight children. The structure was moved to Round Rock in 1976.In memory
There is a separate memorial marker (see below picture) in front of the house that actually refers to the adjacent brick building. It reads:
Dr. Dick Bolling Gregg
21 June 1894 - 18 May 1963"In this day of specialties within specialties, the day of the doctor who is a General Practitioner may be fast passing. But if the General Practitioner is passing, the Country Doctor - Family Doctor - General Practitioner, who devotes his entire career to one community, is practically unknown today. Such a doctor, however was Dick Bolling Gregg."
"One who was so much a part of the lives of all of us here in round Rock, one who for so many years devoted his precious time and energy to his community, much of it in the red brick building located to the left of this marker .... and one who was cherieshed and loved by all his friends, neighbors, and fellow citizens, and who helped to mold our little town of Round Rock into the growing community it is today .... our own beloved, Dr. D. B. Gregg."