This cemetery, dating from the early 19th century, is at the third site of Good Hope Presbyterian Church, founded in 1789. A frame sanctuary was built here in 1856 during the tenure of Rev. David Humphreys (d. 1869), who preached here 1821-1869 and was Good Hope's longest-serving pastor. In 1909 the congregation moved to Iva, three miles east, and built a new brick sanctuary there.
The sanctuary built here in 1856, the third to serve Good Hope, was demolished in 1924, years after the congregation moved to Iva. Rev. Richard Cater Ligon (1845-1906), buried here, was pastor of Good Hope 1876-1902; his son Rev. J. Frank Ligon was pastor 1947-49. The church cemetery also includes plots of the Beaty, McAlister, McMahan, McKee, and other early families.