Pine Knob BattleConstructed and manned by Confederate infantry onJune 15, 1864 the location of this trench enabled thesoutherners to deliver a deadly flank fire into the right of Geary's division (20th Army Corps) as it approached the principal line of Confederate defense near what is now the intersection of Hamilton and Kennesaw-Due West roads. Later, arrival of Williams' Federal division in this vicinity forced the Confederates to abandon the trench. During the night the Federals were busy "reversing" a portion of the trench. By morning the trench faced southtoward the Confederate main line.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Cobb County Community Development Department|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 7:25am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 716494 N 3762051|
|Decimal Degrees||33.97673333, -84.65655000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 33° 58.604', W 84° 39.393'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||33° 58' 36.24" N, 84° 39' 23.58" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||678, 404, 770|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 3557 Maryhill Ln NW, Kennesaw GA 30152, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|