First Presbyterian ChurchThis church was begun in 1854 as Antioch Chapel ofEbenezer Church under the leadership of Rev. JohnG. Richards, on land of the Steeles and Workmans,3 mi. south of Rock Hill. Mission moved in 1858 tothis site, obtained from A.T. Black and later paidfor by Mrs. Ann Hutchison White and J. Spratt White.The Church was organized on Nov. 13, 1869, with 46charter members led by Rev. R.E. Cooper, pastor.
Church LeadersFirst ruling elders: J.F. Workman, H.H. Hart, M.D.L. McLeod. First deacons: Wm. Whyte, A.H. White, J.N. Steele, R.W. Workman, David Gordon. Three pastors have been Moderators of the General Assembly Presbyterian Church in the U.S.: Rev. W.T. Hall, Rev. W.L. Lingle. Rev. Alexander Sprunt. The longest pastorate has been that of Rev. Francis W. Gregg1910-1947.